Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Mitten - Measuring

We did some measuring with mittens today.   
(This week we are learning from Jan Brett's The Mitten)


All of my fours were about 9 mittens tall!

I simply printed the mitten pattern from Jan Brett's website (http://www.janbrett.com/index.html) onto scrapbook paper and cut them into rectangles.  (Now that I think about it, I actually downloaded the image, then resized it to fit four mittens on a page, then printed it.)

We ran out of time, but we were going to measure other things in the preschool to see how they compared to their own height.  I think distances would also be fun to measure out.  How many mittens to the door?  How many to the restroom?  etc.

You could also do this with real mittens instead of the paper mittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment