Monday, January 28, 2013

Superhero Week - Cityscape

This week we are studying Superheroes.

We are learning that Superheroes help people therefore, each of us can be a superhero.  At the end of the week we will also talk about community helpers who are superheroes.

To start off the week, I wanted to create a cityscape that the kiddos could play in/on all week long.

I have been having the kiddos bring in empty cereal boxes for months now.  So I wrapped several of them to be buildings in our city and then the kiddos helped glue on windows.
 

My fours were soooo excited to help create the city!  They were gluing those windows on faster than I could cut them!  They were also excited to learn that our city buildings were made from the very cereal boxes they have been bringing in!  They wanted to know what each box was, ha, so they could know which buildings were theirs.  Ha ha.

For the back drop I just pulled a large sheet out of my cupboard and cut a sun and a couple of clouds from scrap felt and pinned them on.  

Now the kiddos can fly through the air above their city and watch for anyone who may need help.  Soon all the stuffed animals from the cozy corner became the bad guys and the kiddos were off!  Protecting their city!

I asked them what we should name our city.  They told me, "SuperHero City.  Because SuperHeroes live there!"  Sound great to me! 

I got the original idea for our cityscape from this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment