Monday, January 28, 2013

Superhero Week - Control Panel

In searching for ideas for Superhero week, I came across this fabulous idea on this blog.


 Such a great idea.  I tweeked it a bit and made own version.  Here's what I did:

Duct tape, straw and a jello or pudding box.  I taped the straw on the back, making sure the bendy part of the straw was up top.
 

 Like this below.  Then I used craft foam to create the face of the control panels and a bobble on the top of the straw.
 

Then I pulled out scraps of this and that to let the kiddos decorate their control panels.

I did this with my fours today and they LOVED it!  Each and every button, arrow and star had a very specific purpose in their fight against crime.


I thought this was a blast too!  I've got to get some more jello boxes, and when I do I'm going to make a few extra control panels to keep in our dress up box when the week is over.

A note: an added bonus of the duct tape:  makes the box hardier!



No comments:

Post a Comment