Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The 3 Little Pigs - Week

This week we are learning with "The Three Little Pigs".  I love doing a themed week with a book!  Here are some of the activities we are doing this week...

Circle Time - We read a couple different versions of "The Three Little Pigs", I'm hoping to do some acting out later in the week.

Textured Art Activity - The kiddos created the three little pig's houses from the same building materials, well, nearly!  We used straw, sticks and sand paper (bricks).



Snack -  We ate all the fixin' for the 3 little pig's houses.
Straw:  shredded wheat
sticks:  carrot sticks
bricks:  cheeze-its

Pigge Noses - These are cute, but the plates are a bit big. I think the next time I do this, I will find something smaller.  But they were cute!
 

3 Little Pig Book - The kiddos got to make their very own piggie book.  I cut straw, sticks and bricks for them to use, they got to create the rest.

 I uses 3 X 5 cards to create the pages for the kiddo's books.  Just a quick staple on the side with some scrapbooking tape over top.
 Here are the bits I cut for their pig house.
I found a pig stamp in my farm Stampin' Up kit for the kiddos to use.
 Here they are a few pages being created...
 This kiddos loved gluing the bricks in, so he glued 3 or 4 pages of just bricks, ha!

Pig Nose - I found these at our party store!  They are pretty cute on the kiddos.  Now I just need to find a wolf nose!


Edible Stick Houses - Yummers!  Today for snack we made pretzel houses, they were tasty!  The white goo is almond bark, so as we munched it began to set up nicely and allow our stick houses to stand up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment