Monday, November 12, 2012

Thankful Turkeys with paint sample feathers

I found this wonderful idea on a blog of another preschool.  She has really cute ideas.

http://preschoolalphabet.blogspot.com/

I love this turkey idea.  I love how the paint samples create ample space for giving thanks.

I did this project with my fours today.  As the kiddos were working, I asked them what they were thankful for.  They asked what 'thankful' meant.  So I told them it was being glad that you had something, or could do something.  Then they were able to tell me a lot of things.  One of my kiddos, who is a reader, had me write her things on a dry erase board so she could write them on her turkey feathers. 

Below is the finished turkey of one of my boys.  I had to confess to his Mom that he listed his transformers first and then added his family.  Ha ha.



No comments:

Post a Comment