Thursday, November 15, 2012

Salad Spinner Leaf Art

This was so much fun!  I thought I had posted about it, but I haven't!  So here goes!

I bought a salad spinner at Ikea for $4.  Cut a bunch of white cardstock circles to fit in the bottom.  Pulled out red, yellow and orange paint.  Found some gold glitter.

I had the kiddos write their name on the back of their circle, we switched to first letter of their name as they did more and more.  Then I squirted in the paint and they got to add the glitter.  Lots and lots of glitter!  Ha!
Then I snapped the lid on tight and let them spin to their hearts content.  We found that spinning REALLY fast first off is the best.  Here are a few shots of our finished spinnings.



We were able to cut two leaves out of each circle to decorate our classroom tree (see post by same name).

I love how they turned out!

The kiddos will take them home next week after our Thanksgiving feast.

I can't wait to use the spinner for another project.  Maybe green cardstock that we can cut into tree shape for a decorated Christmas tree!

I did scoop all the excess paint and glitter out of the spinner bowl when we were all done and saved it in a container for another day.  (See post:TP Turkeys)

No comments:

Post a Comment