Friday, November 9, 2012

Leaf crafts

Here are a couple of leaf activities we did this week.

Leaf whirly-digs...   My kiddos cut a spiral out of fall colored paper (I cut the spiral for the threes) and then they glued leaves to their heart's content.  I punched the leaves out using Stampin' Up's "Big Shot" and one of their die cuts.  Then we hung them from the ceiling.  They look marvelous!


 Leaf garland ... Again, using the leaves punched from the "Big Shot", the kiddos laced the leaves onto yarn and we hung it up around the classroom.  My fours enjoyed using the hole punch on their leaves.  They also cut shorter pieces of string and just hung one leaf from them.  Quite fun.

  Leaf vases ...  My fours enjoyed this.  They got to choose leaves from their leaf walk bag to modge podge onto their vase (salsa jar).  We found that "newer" leaves cooperated better and would adhear to the jar better.  But that didn't stop some kiddos from gluing the crunchy ones on.  Ha.  The kiddos decided pine cones were the perfect item to place in their vases.  And I quite agree.

Leaf name trees ...  For this one, I drew a basic tree trunk on a piece of brown construction paper and had my fours cut it out.  Then using the punched leaves from earlier, they wrote a letter of their name on each leaf.  Cute.
 And finally leaf puppets.  When finished, there is a craft stick attached to the back.  So simple so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment