Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dyed Pasta

Today in our learning center I set out dyed pasta to create necklaces with...
 To create dyed pasta simply place pasta, 1 TBS of rubbing alcohol and 8 - 10 drops of food coloring into a large ziplock baggie.  Shake until all pasta is coated, then spread out on a cookie sheet that is lined with paper towels.  Allow to dry before working with them.

 I taped one end of the yarn to the table and then wrapped a piece of tape around the other end of yarn to keep it from splitting.

My fours enjoyed this today.  They created patterns without any enticement from me and just chatted back and forth as they worked.

Thursday:  My threes also enjoyed this activity.  I was impressed, they really stuck to it until their string was full of pasta.
 


One of my threes started munching on a noodle.  She told me, "This is a little crunchy."  Yep, I didn't cook them.  "I like pasta -- but we cook it." Ha ha ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment