Friday, November 30, 2012

Count Down Santa

For a Christmas count down, I decided to make the Santa's beard version.  I love this one.  I found the poem at: 

http://www.oopseydaisyblog.com/2010/12/christmas-book-advent-day-1.htm


Santa’s beard is very bare.
On his chin, there is no hair.
So each day,
Add one puff so white.
And when they’re all on,
He’ll come that night!


 The kiddos enjoyed the project even though there was a lot of cutting. 

I taped the poem on a baggie with the 25 cotton balls needed.

The kiddos created their own Santas with a bit of direction.  

For the beard, I stamped the circles before classThe kiddos then got to stamp the numbers with a date stamp (which they LOVED).

 Once they finished their Santa, a couple of the kiddos wanted to try out the date stamp, moving the gears and
stamping different numbers.  I'm going to have to create a center with the date stamp I think!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment