Thursday, May 29, 2014

Last Week of Preschool - Camping Theme

I can't hardly believe we are at our last week of preschool.  The hot weather is helping me realize that summer break is upon us.  This week we are using a camping theme to close out our school year.

Tp Campfires - The kiddos got to create their own campfire today.  As we worked we talked a bit about fire safety, then we pulled out some marshmallows to roast.  Some kiddos really got into it and pretended they were roasting, others just popped their marshmallow right in their mouth.
 A kiddo warming his fingers by his fire....
 Kiddos toasting their marshmallows....

Real S'Mores - Well, Almost - The kiddos got to stack their s'mores, then Ms. Sara popped them in the oven for few minutes to get them melty.  Mmmmm.

 Tent - I set up a pup tent in the preschool.  The kiddos had a blast playing in it.

Year Books - I made a year book for each of the kiddos.  We talked about how you ask a friend to sign your book ("Hey friend, would you like to sign my year book?") and how you respond ("I would LOVE to!").  I encouraged them to both sign their name and to draw a picture. 
 
They were so cute with this activity.  They loved looking at the pictures I had chosen and took signing each other's books seriously.  I loved it!

Paper Plate Owls - These turned out cuter than expected.  While I was digging out googly eyes, I happened upon a bag of feathers - perfect!  

As we worked we chatted a bit about owls:  how they hunt and what they eat, where they live, what sounds they make.
 


Fire Fly Jars - I told the kiddos about the fabulous insect:  fire flies.  I'm not sure they fully believed me, but they LOVED the project.  The kiddos painted glow in the dark paint on the inside of their jars, then drew the insect's outline on the outside of the jar. 

Once their jars were finished, they took them into the closet to see them glow.  As you can imagine, the kiddos were super excited to see their fire flies glow.
 

Graduation Caps - One of the kiddo's moms was super awesome and volunteered to make graduation hats for each of the kiddos.  The kiddos LOVED them and they look super cute!


Taa Taa for now!  There will be posts about summer camp activities we do, but other wise - we'll see you in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment