Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Week 1 on Christmas

Our class Christmas tree is beginning to get full with all the wonderful ornaments the kiddos are making.  Pretty soon the gifts the kiddos are creating for their family members will begin to fill up the bottom as well.

Spider! - Tis the season for these eight legged wonders to come into the house.  This one was hanging out on the wall.  I caught him in our spider catcher that has a slide-able magnifier on it.  The kiddos greatly enjoyed looking at our friend the spider up close.  We particularly liked his striped legs.

Tp Roll Stamping - Christmas Tree - The kiddos enjoyed creating these abstract trees.  One of the kiddos discovered he could paint by sliding his tp roll.  Once their trees were complete, the kiddos added finger print ornaments.
 I saw this idea on this blog:  Check it out!

Snow! - We have been blessed with snow this week, but with below freezing temperatures.  Bummer!  So the kiddos have enjoyed a bit of shoveling and playing in the snow, but not for very long, because it is so very cold.  Brrrr!
 
Powdered Sugar Cookies - Mmm!  Gotta have Christmas cookies!  These were fun to make with the kiddos.  Find the recipe at this link.

Blocks and Legos - You know how kiddos tend to play with the same toys over and over again.  Well, today after snack I asked them to just play with the blocks or the Legos - I'm so glad I did!  They loved it and built some wonderful creations!  I think I'll make this request a regular thing - asking the kiddos to try out a forgotten or neglected toy.
 
Parent Gifts - We did these last year and they turned out so cute I decided to do them again.  I bought plates/bowls at the dollar store and oil based sharpies at Michael's.  The kiddos got to draw a picture for their parents.  I scribed what they told me and then wrote it on the back of the plate along with the date and their name.  Here are a few of the plates...
I let the kiddos decided what to draw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment