Monday, August 5, 2013

Summer Camp - Water!

Today in summer camp we did all things water!

I set up stations in the backyard for the kiddos to explore and play.  It was a great day!

Alphabet Soup - The kiddos enjoyed stirring and adding "ingredients" to their soups.  We also did a bit of letter practice with names and sounds.  I had a pot with magnetic letters and one with foam letters.

Below:  We discovered that the foam letters, once they were full of water, they squished very well.  So we would say the name of the letter and then squish it!  Splashing water all over!


Tea Party - What kiddos can resist a small pitcher and a plethora of cups to fill.

Potions - I dyed several buckets of water with food coloring and let the kiddos mix and concoct to their hearts content.  I gathered several items from our play kitchen and for the last couple of months I have been saving all the plastic bottles.  It made for quite a bit of fun.




 Here are some potions the kiddos created.  One would turn you into a frog another into a singing rainbow.  Quite creative.


Spray Bottles (Only $1 at Wal-Mart) - Of course you HAVE to have these...

For our craft we made waterproof finger puppets.  I believe I saw these on pinterest.

The younger kiddos, I helped them (if they wanted) by drawing on a smile.


The older kiddos enjoyed creating their own.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment