Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Summer Camp - Bubbles!

Today we enjoyed a very sudsy day with bubbles!

Here are a few things we did... (I found many of these ideas on pinterest.  See my preschool board for specific links).

Bubble Shooters - I quickly made these shooters for each of the kiddos by wrapping duct tape around 6 or 8 straws.  They were pretty fun.

Bubble Wands - These were nice and easy.  I just twisted up some pipe cleaners and set out a bowl of beads for the kiddos to lace on.  We could have created different shapes to see what would work best, hmm perhaps next time.


Hand Crank Egg Beater - I dug in the back of my odds and ends drawer to find this.  The kiddos had fun with it today.  They whipped up a bubble froth, stirred colors, blew bubbles from it...
 

Bubble Snake - These are amazing.  I have seen them on a couple of different blogs.  They work really well.  Just need a sock or a towel, tape the the end of a cut off water bottle.  Dip the cloth end in and blow gently...
 

Body Bubbles - I poured bubble solution all over a table and encouraged the kiddos to run their hands and arms through it.  Once we were all soaped up, we began creating body bubbles.  (I don't have any pictures of this because my hands were soapy.)  It's really easy to blow a bubble through your fingers and catch it on your arm if your all soapy.  (Great for bath time too.)

Bubble Windows - Have you seen these?  They are pretty cool.  Just using straws and yarn, you create a small bubble window.  Dip your window into solution (in a closed state - straws together).  Then gently pull the straws apart and see your bubble window.  You can observe the colors and the way they move.  Also, by gently moving your arms up and down or spinning with your window, you can create fabulous big bubbles!
 
Milk Bubbles - This was the best snack!  After we ate our healthy stuff, we enjoyed milk and cookies.  Of course I encouraged the kids to blow bubbles in their milk.  We did talk about how this was a special thing, and only to be done at preschool because moms would not like it at home.  Ha!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment