Monday, May 13, 2013

Favorite Books - Elephant and Piggie

I have been toying with the idea of doing a whole week on one of the kiddo's favorite books from preschool - but which one?  Then inspiration hit ... AHA!  I'll do a different book each day!

Today we enjoyed Elephant and Piggie books.  These are the best!  I LOVE this author!  I currently only have 3 of his E and P books, but I'll be getting more for the preschool!




For our Elephant and Piggie day we made these puppets so the kiddos could act out the stories.  The kiddos LOVE to take turns reading for the characters of these books.

We painted 2 regular sized paper plates gray for Elephant and 2 small paper plates for Piggie.  Here is how I cut the second paper plate to create Elephant's ears and trunk.

 Elephant's trunk is curled up and Piggie's nose is glued over his smile, but you get the idea.

We also made tp roll Elephant and Piggies...

When we were painting for the paper plate project above we also painted tp rolls.  I had the kiddos paint an extra small paper plate gray.  We used it to cut out the ears and trunk. 
 
 Really simple, but cute and quick and easy to put together.



No comments:

Post a Comment