Thursday, January 23, 2014

Super Helper Hero Week

Our Snowman Experiment - Week 2 - Well, then end of last week I put our outdoor snowman in the snow.  This morning he looked about the same as he did last week.  I made this comment to one of the kiddos.  She rightly told me, it's "because it's so cold outside."  Ha!

Circle Time - We chatted about our theme this week.  We talked about superheroes:  that they help people and capture bad guys!  We talked about how we would capture bad guys in preschool (no killing).  Here are a few of the ideas we came up with:  we could turn them into doughnuts, catch them in a trap, put them in jail, tie them up, freeze them with our controller, shoot macaroni and cheese at them, stick them in glue....

Super Helper Hero Gear - Here is the gear that helped us fight bad guys today.  All of their gear will stay at the preschool until Thursday. 

Our Map - This map shows the city we're protecting as well as the prison where all the bad guys go.  I found this scrapbook paper on super clearance and thought it would be fabulous for this activity.

Hero Masks & Capes - This year because I have more kiddos, I went with a much easier and faster cape design than I did last year.  First I found the idea for a t-shirt cape on this blog.  Second I pleaded with parents and friends to give me their old t-shirts.  Then, I cut the t-shirts and letters for the kiddo's names.   And finally, I hot glued the letters to the back of the capes. 
The masks I simply cut out of felt and hot glued elastic.  The kiddos enjoyed decorating their masks with felt and craft foam bits.
 

Controller Box - I made these last year, they were such a hit I had to make them again this year.  I used a jello box and covered it with duct tape and stuck a straw to the back.  Then I cut shapes out of craft foam and felt for the kiddos to decorate with as well as pulling out my button box.

Robin's (as in Batman & Robin) motorcycle - One of the kiddos created this today.  See his map propped up on the front of the cycle?  And the markers below are the engine, they have to be carefully arranged in order for the cycle to run.

Super Hero Cuffs - Today the kiddos added cuffs to their costume.  Some kiddos added buttons and shapes, so they had extra powers.

Rescue - After snack we discovered that the villianous bad guy, "Baddy", had captured our friend the frog.  We had to get him back!  

First we had to cross a rickety bridge over hot lava!  
Next we had to carefully climb over an extremely sticky web.  Then we had to leap over a cavernous pit.  Finally we could get to frog and release him, but then we had to turn around and do it all over again to get back out!
 
Superheroes at play -


Frost - Our bush had some fabulous spikey frost on it.  Unfortunately my camera couldn't focus on it.  But it looked really thorny, a kiddo gave it a touch to see if it would poke him, but it didn't, it just melted.

Power Rings - The kiddos picked out buttons to create rings.  I strung pipe cleaners through and twisted them into the right size.  The rings turned out pretty cute!
 
Hero People - I found these people shapes for the kiddos to create their own mini heroes to play with.  I was impressed with how they decorated their heroes.



No comments:

Post a Comment