Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A week on Dinosaurs! Roooooar!

This week we will be learning with dinosaurs ... Rooooar!

Circle Time - We chatted about all the things we already know about dinosaurs, they knew a lot!   Here's our list:

Free Play - This time was mostly spent with the dinosaurs...

Dinosaur Teeth Count - Today we learned that a T-rex had 40 teeth!  We tried to glue that many teeth onto our T-rex mouths, not sure if we made it.  40 is a lot!  I saw the idea for this activity on this blog.
 


Dinosaur Feet - The kiddos had a grand time stomping around with their dino feet and teeth.  There was all sorts of growling and roaring going on.

I made the dino feet from craft foam.  I put the slit in the side hoping for easier usage, but they tended to flop off as the kiddos ran.  So I guess next time I won't do a slit and just have the kiddos pull off their shoes, put their dino feet on and then put their shoes back on.  Ha. 
I saw the idea for these nice simple dino feet on pinterest.

I saw these colored teeth at a party store and snatched them up for my T-rexs to growl with this week.
 Here are the feet on...

Dinosaur Painting - The kiddos settled down a bit and enjoyed some water color painting of a cute brontosaurus.  I found these wooden dinos at the dollar store in their craft aisle.
Here are the plates all put together:

Fossil Cookies - We made sugar cookies and the kiddos walked their dinosaurs through them to create yummy fossil footprint cookies.
 Before we baked them:
 While the cookies were baking, the dinos and kiddos had some snack.

 Here are the yummy cookies ...

Dinosaur Play Mat - I created a dinosaur play mat for the kiddos to enjoy out of fleece and felt.

Here is a view of the whole thing.  It's really quite simple and I cut and hot glued the mat in less than an hour's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment