Friday, November 1, 2013

Last few items from Halloween week

Halloween day the kiddos enjoyed wearing their costumes and eating extra yummy snacks. 

Here are a few more activities we did...

Broom - Here is a quick and easy witch's broom to do.  The kiddos colored on their lunch sack that I had cut off the bottom of and zig zag cut the tops.  Then i stuck a skewer in it and cinched it up with a twist tie.  Then off they go, flying around the room.

Paper Shape Witches - I traced circles and triangles on various pieces of scrapbook paper.  The kiddos got to cut out the shapes and then add faces and curly pasta hair.  These are pretty abstract looking, but they enjoyed it.  It's all about the process.

Bean Bin - For the month of October, I think I shared this, I added spiders and various Halloween themed items to our bean bin.  As I was cleaning out the bin this afternoon, I found a ghost bean.  Ha!  I think I'll leave it in there as a surprise.  It can "haunt" our bean bin a bit longer.


Candy Corn Counting Game - We did this last year.  It was a favorite again.  The kiddos roll a dice, count the number of dots, then eat the candy sitting on that number.  Yummers!

Planted Pumpkin Seeds - Hmmm.  Here are our pumpkin plants, one week after planting.  Still just dirt.  I hope those seeds are doing something underneath!  Ha!  We'll see!  Our window might be too cold for them.

Toddlers - A few items from the toddler class today...

Pasta Color Match - I colored a few squares the color of dyed pasta I had left over from the older kiddos.  My tots were to match the dyed pasta to the colored square and glue it on.  Nice and gooey fun.

One to One Pom Poms - The tots placed one pom pom in each egg section.  As they did so we talked about color and did a bit of counting.  Great fine motor skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment