Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A week on Pilgrims

Circle Time - This week we are talking about the pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving

Our class thankful turkey - As the kiddos came in the front door I introduced them to our class turkey.  I asked what was missing, it took them a moment, but they soon realized he was missing all his feathers.  I told them we would add feathers to him today.
 

Scented Painting - We painted pumpkin pies today!  The kiddos helped me sprinkle pumpkin pie spice and gold glitter in orange paint.  Then they got to hand paint with it.  The room smelled yummy!

The Mayflower - In circle time we have been talking about pilgrims:  how they lived, how they came to America (the New Land), and how the Native Americans helped them.  Today we finished our ships that we started on Monday.
 One of my kiddos wanted his sails ON his ship, ha ha!  Literally on it.  So his sails are laying down.

No comments:

Post a Comment