Thursday, October 24, 2013

A few last things for pumpkin week...

5 Little Pumpkins - I love this book!
 

I typed the text and created little books for the kiddos.  Using pumpkin stickers they each got to create their own book to take home and read with their families.

 Above and below:  I love how these kiddos drew a gate for the pumpkins to be sitting on (as it says in the book).

Pumpkin Seed Counting - After we gutted our big pumpkin yesterday,  I washed off the seeds and let them dry.  The kiddos made guesses as to how many seeds there were.  They guessed:  9,12, 3...  Then using hundreds charts, we counted how many seeds our pumpkin had.  We were surprised to find our pumpkin had 554 seeds!  Wow!  Next week we'll tasted roasted pumpkin seeds.

Pumpkin Seed Planting - After we counted them, we planted a few of them.  Each kiddo planted their own cup and I planted one to be kept at the school.  I hope they grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment