Friday, December 12, 2014

Week 1 of Christmas!

I love these two weeks before Christmas with the kiddos!  The preschool becomes Santa's workshop as they create gifts for family and friends.  There is just a busy energy and excitement as they catch on to the good feeling that comes from giving to others.  I love it!

Curly Santas - I love these!  The kiddos did a great job curling Santa's beard.

Santa Stick Ornaments - These turned out super cute!  We just painted a jumbo craft stick red (I put a bit of masking tape where the face would be).  Then the kiddos added the rest!
 
 

Science - Candy Cane Bending - We started with the question:  How can we bend a candy cane?  I thought I had them stumped, but nope, they said to put them in the oven!  (Put them in the oven at 250 degrees for 3 to 5 mins.)
Here is Ms. Sara's "S".  We found you could bend them until they started cooling, then we had to pop them back in the oven.  One kiddo twisted hers, which looked really cool.

Marbleized Candy Cane Printing - Using shaving cream, red food coloring, and peppermint extract, we created some lovely candy cane paper prints.


Sibling Gifts - Christmas Crocodiles - Aren't they cute!  I always like to have something the kiddos can make for their siblings and family members.  This year I chose clothes pin crocodiles.  Super easy, inexpensive (so they can make tons), and really cute!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Ornaments - These turned out super cute!  I saw these on this blog.

Tissue Wreaths - The kiddos scrunched a square of tissue paper, then glued it to their wreath (cut and painted cereal box).  This is one of my favorite ornaments to make.
 

Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments - Mmm, they smell so good!  (I'm drying them in the oven right now.)  The kiddos helped mix the ingredients (1 cup applesauce & 1+ cup cinnamon), then we rolled it out and cut our shapes.  A few kiddos wanted to taste the dough, they weren't impressed.  Ha.
 

Our Class Christmas Tree - It's looking fabulous, isn't it!

No comments:

Post a Comment