Thursday, April 17, 2014

Some More on Princesses and Knights

Stick Warriors - So I saw this cute idea online (on this blog.) to create stick people using washi scrapbooking tape.  (I have tons of it because I love it.)  I started setting up the craft and the kiddos came right over (passing on free play) and began creating these wonderful warriors and warrior princesses .  They worked for quite a long time.  I love it when they really get into an activity. 
 
 A couple of the kiddos wanted to create a giant to battle their warriors.

Outside - We decided to take our warriors to the backyard to do battle.
 

Paint Stick Swords - A knight needs a good sword.  Here are ours, complete with jewels.  Paint sticks & jumbo craft sticks.  I saw this idea on this blog.

I had my three year old class paint their swords with watercolors, then I hot glued on jewels as they instructed me.
 
  
Sword Belt - One of my kiddos just happened to be wearing a belt today, which was perfect to hold her sword.   
 

Sandpaper Castle - I cut some basic shapes and the kiddos created their own castle. 

Catapult - I put together these catapults for the kiddos last night.  They are pretty fun.  I hope you enjoy them too.  They shoot a pom pom really well.  I think marshmallows would also be fun.  I got the quick, easy design on this blog.
 
Dinosaur down with a direct hit from the catapult!

No comments:

Post a Comment