Thursday, February 13, 2014

A bit more on valentines

Sun Catcher Hearts - Even though we haven't seen the sun in a while, these hearts should look fabulous taped in the window!  We called our project "sticky hearts" because the kiddos kept getting stuck on the contact paper.

Tape Resist Hearts - Day 2 - I peeled the tape off and taa daa!  We had fabulous hearts!

Valentine Party Goodies - I have each kiddo bring something to share, then i provide a few things.  The kiddos loved the bread stick bones we did last week for dinosaurs, so I made them again, but turned them into hearts.
I also made a love mix...
  

Delivering Valentines - The first thing we did this morning was deliver our valentines into each other's boxes.  We didn't even get coats off of everybody yet!  Ha!

Play Dough - The much anticipated event of our party day.  I promised I would make homemade play dough.

Tissue Paper Hearts - I love this style of craft!  I cut hearts from cereal boxes and then the kiddos scrunched small pieces of tissue paper and glued them on.  So cute, so easy.

Ms. Sara's Valentine - I decided to make a valentine ball with goodies inside.  I just did paper mache over a balloon, then painted them when they were dry.  I chose to use big (12" or so) balloons so I could shove the goodies inside before I did the paper mache.

Here are the goodies I gathered (dollar store, party store, Michael's dollar bin).  In the picture you'll see the small 8" balloons, those totally didn't work for pre-stuffing.
Here I am in the midst of doing paper mache.  Messy, but fun.  I did the flour and water paste.  It got gloopier the cooler in temperature it got.
Finished product.  On the opposite side of the tag, I told them they needed to crack open their ball to find their valentine goodies.




No comments:

Post a Comment