Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First week of school! - I Spy!

This week our focus is getting used to the preschool, the routines, and each other.  So our theme this week is "I Spy".  We started out the morning with circle time (Alphabet, calendar, counting, weather, reading, singing) and then we each got a pair of binoculars to spy around the preschool.  We took a tour and discovered all the toys, where the restroom is, and other important things to know.

Below:  One of the kiddos outside with his binoculars...


Journal Time - This is something new I am trying this year.  I love the idea of learning journals, the sad part is that they will stay at the preschool all year and you won't get to see them until the end of the school year. But I think that it'll be a great way to see the kiddo's progress.  -  Our letter for the week is I, for I spy.  A pretty easy one to start with.  The kiddos each traced the letter with a marker, and then (in theory) drew something they spied in the preschool. 


Once each kiddo has completed their journal page, they bring it to me to share, then they get to date stamp the page and pick out a sticker.


Digging in the backyard -   I love to give the kiddos time outside to play and explore.  Today the kiddos enjoyed digging...


No comments:

Post a Comment