Monday, September 23, 2013

Puzzles


I love puzzles.  When the kiddos have finished their snack, I have them pull out a puzzle until everyone has finished, then we move together to another activity.  At first many of my fours were not sure how to do puzzles, so we sat on the floor together and worked through several.  This is our fourth week of preschool and they are doing a great job at putting them together themselves.

The puzzle above is a tricky one.  I had it on the bottom of the stack, but once found, the kiddos have loved it.  This puzzle requires my assistance for sure.  I don't know what they love about it, but it gets pulled out each day and used.

I like to let the puzzle work go on for a bit because I feel that it teaches great skills, such as:  patience, perseverance, team work, problem solving....  And I don't want puzzle play to become a forgotten art in this fast paced world of ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment