Monday, October 1, 2012

Counting Beads

Today we lost ourselves in one of the learning centers for nearly an hour!  I set up a counting center where the kiddos laced beads onto pipe cleaners.  They had to lace the correct number of beads for the number next to the pipe cleaner.  As they completed each one, I had them check themselves by re-counting the beads.





They loved this activity.  Once they completed all the numbered pipe cleaners, I pulled out my box of miscellaneous beads and the package of pipe cleaners and let them make necklaces and bracelets.  I helped them dig through for the color or shaped bead they wanted.  The sparkly beads were a big hit.  In fact, when I asked one kiddo about the pattern he was creating, he said: 
"It goes sparkly, sparkly, sparkly, sparkly ... like that!"
You got it, kiddo!  Well done!


No comments:

Post a Comment