Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentines - Shaving Cream Prints

Today we made shaving cream prints.  I have seen this idea quite a bit and have been dying to try it.  We are going to make Valentines from our prints.
These were soooo much fun to make, and so easy.  Pretty messy though, but the clean up is not too bad since it's all soap.  I did this with my fours today.   (I bought the shaving cream from the dollar store.)

First I sprayed the shaving cream and we smoothed it out.  Next I dropped dots of food coloring and the kiddos swirled them around.   

Finally a kiddo placed a piece of cardstock on the shaving cream and carefully pulled it off and then I squeegeed off the excess cream.  You'd think you would be wiping off all the color or smearing it, but you don't.  It just reveals your print.  So fun!
 Here are some results:
These were our first couple of prints.  We swirled the colors a bit more and then tried again.
This was better.
These were the last few, after the colors had been VERY swirled.  Still pretty though.

No comments:

Post a Comment