Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Paper Cup Bells

One of my favorite projects we did this year has to be this one.  I think they turned out super cute!
 

I got the idea from: 
http://www.firstpalette.com/Craft_themes/Music/Paper_Cup_Bell/Paper_Cup_Bell.html

I had a hard time finding paper cups without something printed on them.  I had the kiddos paint the cups, then we generously sprinkled them with glitter and let them dry.  The glitter helped hide the printed flowers that were on the cups.

Once the cups were dry, I poked a hole in the bottom of each cup then strung a sparkly pipe cleaner through and attached a jingle bell to the bottom.  Then I twisted the two pipe cleaners from the two cups together, made a loop and tied a festive bow.  

Nice and festive, and when the kiddos jingle them, there is a nice shower of glitter too.  Ha.  Perhaps I should have sprayed them with an adhesive or with a clear coat gloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment