Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Bubble Wrap Prints

Back during our week with "The Very Hungry Caterpillar", we created these bubble prints with the idea of making some Eric Carle style caterpillars.  But we ran out of time.  They were so neat, I wanted to share them.

First I had my fours paint the bubble wrap, then we would smooth a piece of paper over top and peel it carefully back.  We set it aside to dry, then kept creating prints by adding more paint. 

You can see that soon we just had all the paint mixed together.  To avoid that next time I may quickly rinse off the bubble wrap occasionally during the printing process, to keep true colors.
 

 I still have the prints, I'm trying to decide what to make with them now.  Perhaps we'll use them during reptile week, because they look like snake skins to me now.  Hmmm...
Hint:  I cut a small strip of bubble wrap for each kiddo to pop to their heart's content.  Then when we began to paint, they had done their popping and they (with a gentle reminder) left the bubble wrap to painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment