Friday, March 14, 2014

A bit more on Space

Tea Bag Rocket - I saw this online and had to try it out this week.  First we talked a bit about fire safety and how matches (and fire in general) was just for grown up.  Then we tried it out.  I cut the top off an herbal tea bag, dumped the contents, then lit the top. 
Our first couple of attempts was just flame, the tea bag didn't "take off."  Then suddenly our third try worked!  We were so excited we did the experiment several more times.  Some tries worked and some didn't, but it was still cool.  I found the idea for this rocket on this blog.

Tp Rockets - After our tea bag experiment, I dumped out our bucket of tp rolls and set the kiddos to work on creating their own rockets.  Here are a few of our rockets...
 
 

Alka Seltzer Rockets - Yahoo for messy rockets!  I put an alka seltzer tablet in a film canister with some water, gave it a shake, then set it down on it's lid and moved back.  POP!

No comments:

Post a Comment