Monday, April 8, 2013

Ocean - Sea Stars with dyed rice

Last night I dyed rice so it could dry in time for preschool today.  If you haven't done this, it's easy-peasy!  

 Simply place into a sandwich size resealable baggie:

1/4 tsp. of rubbing alcohol
6 -8 drops of food coloring
1/2 cup uncooked white rice. 

Zip closed and mush around to spread the color evenly.  Then spread out onto a paper towel, I placed mine in a cookie sheet for easy clean up.

 ----------

Out of cereal boxes, I cut a whole bunch of sea stars.  The kiddos squirted Elmer's glue on their star and then sprinkled it with the dyed rice.   (I had them work on a sheet of paper on a cookie sheet.  That way I could easily dump the excess rice back into a bowl.)

We started with the colors all separate, but of course they ended up all together in the end - which is also pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment