Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Summer Camp - Fairies

Painting our Fairy Houses - I made these clay houses last week.  They were a bit of a paint to do.  Once they dried they had a bunch of cracks, so I painted them with white school glue.  I got this idea from this blog:  Here!
The kiddos painted them to get them ready for their fairies.
 

Painting our Fairies - We painted our fairies with glitter nail polish.  The kiddos added faces with Sharpies.  I hot glued felt wings on them .

Time to Decorate our Wings - I made these wings after the idea of the superhero capes from last week.  Nice and simple.  The kiddos chose what fabulous bits they would like on their wings and I hot glued them on. 
 

Fairy Dust Necklaces - The kiddos carefully filled their fairy jars.  Once they were done, Ms. Sara super glued it shut (hopefully). I found these tiny jars in the jewlery department of Hobby Lobby.  So perfect!

We just filled them with regular glitter.
 

Backyard Fairy Snack - Fairy bread!  A favorite!We also enjoyed fairy sprinkles on apple slices and pretzels dipped in peanut butter.

Our Fairy Terrariums - We created a little fairy garden for our houses to sit in and our fairies to enjoy.  The containers are the tops to cheesecakes that I rescued from the kitchen after a wedding.
 
 

Fairy Potions - Also a favorite!  I've been drying flowers for months so we would have fabulous ingredients to use.  We also added glitter and food coloring. 
 
Tent - 
 

Fairy Bags - I found these in the party aisle of Wal-Mart.  So cute and perfect for this camp.

Chalk Fairy -

No comments:

Post a Comment