Friday, May 19, 2017

Odds and Ends

Hello!  We finished the alphabet!  I was asking the kiddos last week what they would like to learn about this week and they started coming up with diverse projects...  So this is our Odds and Ends week.  It's a little bit of this and a little bit of that! 

Journal Time - Painting - We were a bit silly today and painted our names in our journals.  Then we painted a picture too.

Dragon Skins - One of the kiddos requested a dragon project.  So on Monday we printed the skins and on Wednesday we'll create our dragons.  We used white paint and bubble wrap to print these.

Dragons -
 
I originally saw this idea on this blog:  Here!

Mother's Day Project - I interviews the kiddos about their moms.  Then we made this card.  This is the front, inside is the interview and additional drawings by the kiddos.  I thought the moms looked pretty fancy this year!
Youngsters...

Interviews on the inside...

This cutie pie drew his mom like this...


Mother's Day Gift - Flowers for Mom - 
I saw this cute idea on this blog:  Here!

Here are the youngsters - they wanted to have both hands, ha!

Tissue Box Houses - One kiddo had requested for our week to make these.  They turned out cute!  I had some small animal figurines that we used to populate our houses.  I may do these again for fairy houses...  Hmmm ....


Shark Socks! - I LOVE these!  I was "worried" the sharks had really munched his feet off, so he pulled off his sock and shoe to show me.  Ha!
 

Paper Plate Butterflies - Symmetry - Another kiddo had requested for our week to make butterfly.  We put dobs of paint on one side, folded it over and pressed.   We used mini paper plates.

Here's how our pressing turned out ... they should be fabulous!

 And here are our beautiful butterflies ...
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment