Saturday, June 25, 2016

Summer Camp - Fairies

What a wonderful day full of fairy fun.  My neighbor told me she was surprised and enchanted to look out her window and see fairies flying around the yard.

Fairy Mud - I wasn't sure how our little fairies would feel about this squelchy mud.  It is made up of:  ivory soap flakes, toilet paper and warm colored water...oh and lots of glitter!  One of the fairies jumped right in and helped me mix it, the other fairies kept their distance.  
Ha.  Nice, fairy pink hands!  Here is the blog I found the recipe on:  Here!

We took our fairy mud to the backyard where it got a bit more play.


Fairy Nails - Fairies need glitter and color!

Fairy Bells - The fairies painted their bell necklaces with fingernail polish as well.  I saw the idea for these necklaces on this blog:  Here!

Fairy Dust - The fairies got to create their own mix of dust today.  They could choose from various colors of glitter and small jewels. 

Fairy Potions - This is always the favorite event.  This year I gathered nature bits from around the yard for the girls to add to their potions.
Some fairy mud on the corner of the table.
 

Snack - We enjoyed fairy dusted apples with our snack today.  Yum!

Fairy Crystals - The fairies painted crystals.
These are borax crystals grown on rocks.  I boiled water and dissolved 3 TBS. of borax per each 1 cup of boiled water.  Then I poured the solution into disposable cups with a rock in the bottom and let them grow for about 24 hours.  I used rocks from the dollar store.  I got the idea from this blog:  Here!
We also painted a bit on the table.

Fairy Houses - Fairy Mud - The afternoon class really enjoyed the fairy mud and created houses for their little fairies.  We ended up making another batch.  The girls added all the remaining fairy dust ingredients to the mud as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment