Thursday, May 26, 2016

Closing Week

Here we are in our final week.  Wow!  We enjoyed playing with favorite things and working in our yearbooks this week.

Last Day Pictures - One of the kiddos asked if we were going to do "last day of preschool" pictures like we did "first day of preschool" pictures.  Great idea!

Yearbooks - The kiddos were so excited to get their books this morning.  They eagerly "signed" each others books (by drawing pictures).

I like to make each kiddo (and myself) a yearbook with pictures of them self (beginning and end of the school year) and their classmates, class pictures...  I use the quick Japanese Stab Binding technique to create the books.

Science - Glow Sticks -  We were curious to see if a glow stick would be brighter in cold water or hot water.  We quickly discovered that a glow stick glows much brighter in warm water.  The kiddos liked switching the sticks back and forth between the cups.  The change occurred pretty quickly.  It was cool to see.
I saw this idea on this blog:  here.

Backyard - Parachute - We bounced balls off and then tried to keep them on, pretty fun!



Ms. Sara's Smart Cookies - They certainly are!  I was telling them this and a kiddo piped up and said:  "Yeah!  Cause I know dogs have 4 legs!"  Yep, they do!

I love these cookie necklaces!  The kiddos did too!  They were fairly quick to make and lots more fun than a certificate.  A circle of cardboard, with "frosting" and sprinkles (modge podge).
 

End of Year Gifts - I always like to send the kiddos out the door with a bit of love.   I find stuff at the Dollar Store mostly, but also all year long in the clearance bins.  Often I find my best stuff at the end of summer and just save it all school year long.
This year our Dollar Store had fans during Mother's day.  These were an instant hit with the kiddos in the dress up bin.  So I went right back to the store to snatch up enough for their gift bags.  The little bags I found 2 for $1 at Target.
 I've always got to give them a book!  Left:  A new find this spring and a quick classroom favorite.  Right:  This is my favorite book for my kiddos who are going off to Kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment