Friday, January 22, 2016

Boxes Week

Since we have a short week this week and we also have a ton of boxes, I figured it was time to put them to good use.  A big thank you to all my box collectors!  Welcome to box week!

Cereal Box Jet Packs - First the kiddos designed the control panel of their jet packs.  Next they added flames out of the bottom.  Then they tried them on and blasted off! 

This is a teacher intensive activity with a lot of prep work, but it was fun and the kiddos LOVE their jet packs.  So totally worth the extra time.

I made this control panel sheet on Word...
Ahead of time I cut holes in the bottom of the cereal boxes and taped the tp tubes in.  Then I shored up the boxes with extra packing tape.  I also should have put on the straps, but I wanted the kiddos to choose their colors so I did that real time.  
Here are the duct tape straps.  I found several different versions of this project online, I like the duct tape straps best.
 

Nutella? - I was telling the kiddos what the different kinds of nuts were that we had left over from Nn week to crack .  We had:  walnut, almonds, Brazilian nuts and hazel nuts.  With the hazel nuts I asked if anyone had eaten Nutella, then told them hazel nuts and chocolate make up Nutella. 

A couple kiddos set to work trying to create some of their own Nutella.  They cracked all the hazel nuts and then asked for some chocolate, I pulled out milk chocolate chips.  Then they mushed those together ...  and taadaa!  Nutella for everyone!


Trash Trucks - The preschool was given 3 wonderful trash trucks and boy were they a hit today!  We needed trash for our truck to carry, so we crumpled up bits of paper. 

Cereal Box Stacking And Crashing! - Oh, so much fun!  The kiddos greatly enjoyed stacking the boxes and then kicking or punching them down.  The boxes stack a bit precariously, so they take more care but they stack tall much quicker than blocks.



Cereal Box Car Ramps - We began by creating this fabulous ramp then we quickly added a few more ramps on the stairs as friends came and joined us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment