Friday, November 7, 2014

A week on Ninjas!

This week we are learning with ninjas!  Our letter is "N" (ninja, nighttime, noodles, nocturnal ...)  Our book is:



Ninja Headbands - The kiddos enjoyed their headbands, some of the kiddos had me write their ninja name on them.  I used scrap fabric and tore strips about 3" wide, they were about 45" long.  The kiddos also drew pictures on designs on their headbands.

Circle Ninjas - The kiddos created these super cute ninja faces.  I gave them a colored circle and had them cut it in half.  Then we glued it on the face and the kiddos added eyes.  I love that the purple ninja has eyelashes, that's what she is showing me in the picture.
Here are the youngsters creations:
Here are the circle ninjas of the toddlers.  We tore the mask, then glued on googly eyes.

Squeezy Ninjas - The kiddo helped put together these squeezable ninjas.  They are like a stress ball.  The kiddos helped each other put flour into a baggie, then Ms. Sara squished their baggie into two different balloons.  Then they added the face. This super cute idea came from:  this blog!

Noodle Ninjas - For snack, Ms. Sara provided noodles and chop sticks for the ninjas to enjoy.

Tp Nun Chucks - Our ninjas were very happy to be armed with a "weapon" today.  Just 2 tp rolls with duct tape around and between them.  They fling around quite nicely.

Exploding Chinese Stars - These are a bit tricky to put together, but quite fun!  Once you get the tension right, you throw your "star" at the wall (or ceiling or chair or ...) and say "Hi-yah!" and the star bursts apart and makes a wonderful breaking sound.  Very cool!  Here is the link to the blog I found this on:  Here!

Wooden Peg Ninjas - I prepped these ninjas, the kiddos added eyes and the "decorations".  These ninjas turned out super cute!  The younger kiddos, I just completed the ninja for them.
 I got this wonderful idea off a few blogs:  Here  and  Here.
Once the kiddos had their ninjas, they began showing up all over the preschool...

Taking a train ride in the cozy corner...
 Riding a race car down the track...
 Even in the soap dish in the bathroom!

Board Breaking - We couldn't have a week on ninjas without some board breaking.  I got balsa wood for the kiddos to break with their ninja skills.
Hmm, hope this doesn't give them false ideas about the ease of chopping real boards.  --  They loved it though!  This was a great idea I got off of this blog:  Here.
 
Chinese Stars - Ms. Sara folded stars, then we set up tp roll towers to knock over with them.
"I did it!  I broke them!"
"Woah!  That was amazing dude!"

Tp Ninjas - I just painted tp tubes and then let the kiddos embellish.  I would normally let them paint, but we just ran out of time, so I painted them last night.
The preschoolers added swords to their ninjas, we just cut some straws and slipped them in their ninja's belt.  I loved the eyelashes on the red ninja.  I was told she is a princess in a ninja costume.
 
Balloon Swords - So fabulous!  The kiddos wailed on each other and nobody felt a thing!  Ha!  Then they attacked bubble-bad-guys (Ms. Sara was blowing bubbles) and they ended with multiple assaults on tp towers.  It was epic!
This kiddo stuck his ninja swords down the back of his shirt to hold them.  Ha!  Well, ninjas do carry their swords on their backs! --  I followed easy directions on how to make these swords on wikihow:  Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment